Friday, February 3, 2017

The Struggle Is Real

Hello,                                                                             

   My name is Shelly and this is a new blog that I am calling The Addicts Corner. The purpose of this blog is to help other addicts in recovery or addicts who may have not found sobriety yet with different coping skills and mechanisms to help them in their daily lives. I will be sharing some of my personal struggles and what has worked for me in my 8 years of recovery. I will also be posting some ideas that I researched and think may be helpful to you. I am not a one size fits all kind of gal. I know that there is more than one way to skin a cat. What I mean when I say this is that there is not going to be just one way to find recovery. What works for one person may not work for another. Some people may prefer to go the AA route or to practice some kind of 12 step program. While others may find their way of getting and staying sober in Church or through God and religion. Some will get it through meditation and spiritual practices. If it's worked for me or worked for others you will most likely see something written about it here. I'm sure that there will be things I'll miss or maybe never heard of, but I'm hoping that you the readers can fill me in on some of the things that you have tried, know about or that's worked in your life. 
  I hope to get all the information out there that I can to the people who want and need it most. As a lot of you know that deal with addiction on a daily basis, the world is a crazy place people can and will be judgmental, but we have to fight this disease together because people are dying every day all over the world. I believe that every little bit of education helps. This is my goal through writing this blog and I hope you will join me.

                                                           Shelly DiPhillipo




                                                                                                              

No comments:

Post a Comment

Addicted Mom finds life In recovery for herself and her Daughter

  When I look back on my life and the years I struggled with my disease, I will be forever grateful that my daughter was able to grow up in...